Learn how to get the carbon and nitrogen ratio just right, what can be composted and how to tell when it is ready to use.
Enjoy a guided walk through the Walled Garden and visit behind the scenes areas such as the compost yard and the gardeners' operating base.
This workshop is designed for beginner gardeners who want to know the science behind composting and keeping your soil healthy, the pH, texture and structure of the soil and soil organisms.
Please note this is an outdoor event so please come dressed appropriately, but if wet we can relocate to a polytunnel. Be prepared to get your hands dirty and stuck into soil and compost.
Price: £14.20/£11.30 (includes admission to Hillsborough Castle’s gardens)
Capacity: 20 persons per session
Tickets will be available soon.
- Designated parking provided for guests with disabilities
- Guide dogs permitted
- Toilets for disabled visitors
- Restaurant on Premises
- COVID-19 measures in place
- Booking Required
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- All major credit/debit cards accepted
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Village Location