As part of Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council's Food & Drink events calendar for 2019, we are delighted to host a series of 'Learn To' Workshops in the beautiful surroundings of Larchfield Estate on Saturday 12th October 2019. There will be 6 different workshops held during the day that are food and drink focused or which complement the programme.
Take this unique opportunity to accompany wildlife enthusiast and photographer, Garry Wilkenson, on a guided walk through areas of Larchfield Estate usually closed to the public. Garry will lead an hour-long walk through the beautiful Larchfield Estate where he will endeavour to reveal some of the wonderful wildlife that inhabits it. During the walk, Garry will explain how the environmental efforts they are undertaking on the estate will bring benefits to existing and new wildlife inhabitants, both enhancing and protecting the ecosystem.
What should you bring?
- Walking boots & clothing suitable for the weather on the day
- Camera (smartphones sufficient)
- Binoculars if you have them
- The terrain may be uneven in areas.
THE DETAILS (including T&Cs)
- Tickets are £10 each (plus fees)
- The Larchfield Estate Guided Walk is limited to 10 participants.
- There are 2 Guided Walks scheduled for this day at 9.30am or 11.30am. Both walks are ticketed at £10 per person, plus fees.
- Unfortunately, refunds are not possible, but you can transfer your ticket to another person
Bio on your walk guide, Garry Wilkenson
Garry has been a keen ornithologist for over fifty years with particular interest in the protection of the Barn Owl. He is a renowned speaker at wildlife events throughout the UK on the topic of birding and is a lead guide to birding groups throughout Europe and beyond.